Monday 31 October 2016

Winter Robin


Good morning, Kirsten here on the last day of October. I hope you've had a good month. I've got two very quick & simple projects to show you today, I used the beautiful Winter Robin Art Stamp from Imagination Crafts on both.


My base for this project is a white/greyboard postcard from That's Crafty. You can use either side, I chose the white side & as I was stamping & using Distress inks. 

I stamped the Winter Robin in Vintage Sepia Versafine ink with the intention of adding clear embossing powder & heat setting, but I had forgotten that my ink pad is not as juicy as it used to be & I got a slightly faded result, which I really liked & decided to keep. 


I dried the ink with my heat tool, then added some colour with watered down Red & Emerald Starlights. When that was dry I blended Antique Linen & Tea Dye Distress inks around the outside of the image & added the greeting from the Hobby Art Christmas Frosting stamp set. I also added some Diamond Sparkle Medium with my finger to the tree branch.

To finish the postcard I painted two scraps of card with Red, Topaz & Green Starlights, die cut the scraps with the Leane Creatief Flower die 004 to make a poinsettia & glued it & the flourish to the postcard with Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear glue. A spatula tip of Welsh Gold Sparkle Medium to the centre of the poinsettia & I was finished.


The second project is even simpler. A 6x6 white card blank, Distress inks - Candied Apple, Bundled Sage, Spiced Marmalade - on to a piece of white Super Smooth with splatters off watered down Pearl Starlights, the Winter Robin stamped with Onyx Black Versafine & heat set with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder, a piece of grey card as a matted layer & the Hobby Art Christmas Frosting greeting stamped directly on to the card blank.

Art Stamps - Winter Robin     Starlights Metallic Paints    Diamond SM    Postcards - White/GreyboardChristmas Frosting

Multi Flower Die 004     Welsh Gold SM   

VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black   Clear Gloss Regular WEP    6x6 White Card Blanks & Envelopes     Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Acrylic Glue - 30mlWOW! Heat Tool - UK   


  I will be back next week with another October project as the 
November class is not taking place until November 11. 

Take care & have a nice week.

Kirsten

2 comments:

  1. Love the card at the end especially Kirsten, looks great leaving some of the card blank, with the gorgeous colours in the topper panel standing out xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.