Tuesday 15 November 2016

Mitten Mouse Shaker Card


Good Morning crafters, Julie here. Where is the time going, we are mid November already?! Today's card is bauble themed as this was the class topic last Friday and I used a 6 x 6 " card this time for a change.



I stamped the mouse in the mitten from Hobby Art Have a Mice Christmas in Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder, then coloured it with pens and cut them out. I cut a piece of super smooth card to 5 1/2 " square and brayered it with Starlights White Gold and Zinober Gold.

Whilst this was drying I brayered another piece of card with Starlight Green - do not be impatient and try to die cut before the paint is properly dry as it won't cut properly. Can you guess how I know this....??!!



 I die cut a bauble out of the middle of the orangey gold card I'd created and 2 pieces of holly branch from the green Starlight card. I also die cut the bauble hanger in red mirror card and attached this onto the back of the bauble using magic tape.

I took the 6 x 6 card blank and drew a rough shape to cover the bauble area. I painted inside this shape and around the edges of the card with Pearl Starlights and left to dry.



I then cut 2 pieces of acetate the same size (roughly 4" sq) and edged all the way round with double sided sticky pads (do not leave any gaps as your filling will escape), I then put some shaved ice fragments from the Encrusted Jewel Fran-tage set inside, gently peeled the back off the double sided pads and attached the other piece of acetate on the back. This is the shaker bit made, I tested this behind my bauble front to make sure it fitted okay. 



Next I attached my mouse to just below centre of my painted card blank, making sure to overlay the bauble first to ensure correct positioning.



 I then stuck the shaker to my bauble front using cosmic shimmer around the edge of the bauble and also around the edge of the acetate. This frontage was then stuck to the card front with double sided sticky pads.

I was nearly there now with the 2 pieces of holly to attach using cosmic shimmer, a bow to the bauble hanger, 4 gems for the corners and Christmas Red Stickles for the holly berries.



This card took a little longer to make as there are more steps, but I think it was worth it, I hope you like it too.

Have A Very Mice Christmas   Green SLWhite Gold SLZinober Gold SL     VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black    Super Smooth White    
6x6 White Card Blanks & Envelopes      Stickles Christmas RedEmbossing Enamel     

See you next week for another bauble card, bye for now.

Love, Julie x

3 comments:

  1. Fab card, Julie, the little mouse is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! What a cutie! I love shaker cards, always a hit with adults and kids alike xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute little card Julie x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.