Thursday 24 November 2016

Winter's Snowflakes Falling on Polar Friends!


Good morning crafty friends! November is nearly over and soon it will be time for the tree to appear in the living room! Christmas tunes at the ready folks...

This week I am again playing with the Hobby Art Poles Apart Set and the gorgeous little characters!

To start with I stamped a few 'ideas' of compositions onto some scrap paper. There were a few sheets of this...


Step one was to stamp the characters onto some card with Memento Black Ink. I then coloured them with Spectrum Noir Pencils and cut out.



Next, I committed stamp murder. Yes, you read it right, I chopped up two stamps into pieces (apologies now to Hobby Art!). Taking the tiny words from the Winter's Snowflakes Set, I chopped them up so that they were each individual words. I then arranged these on an acrylic block and practised stamping until I was happy with the spacing.


Once happy, I stamped the words and some of the snowflakes onto some blue card with Versamark Ink. I also drew some 'signs' around the words with a Versamark Pen and then heat embossed everything with Wow Bright White Embossing Powder.


Next, I added some Diamond Sparkle Medium around the edges of the card. At the top I put 'blobs' of gel with a spatula and dragged it downwards to make a 'drippy' look. I dabbed it around the edges with my finger, giving a thicker look at the bottom.


Once dry I mounted onto my card blank with some layers to make it all pop.


Last step: add my characters!


Ahh, bless them! I wonder if we will get snow this year?

See you next week for some frosty MDF with our little polar characters!

Love
Martina
xx

Poles ApartWinter's SnowflakesDiamond SM Memento Ink Pad Tuxedo Black Opaque Bright White WEPVersamark PenVersamark Ink Pad

2 comments:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.