Wednesday 30 November 2016

Woodware Stamps, Poinsettias and Cones......







Good morning all,

I do hope that you are all wrapped up warm, hasn't the weather taken a real change lately. I am really not too keen on the cold and neither is my body!!!

I can't believe that Christmas is looming up so fast, where has this year gone? Have you done all your Christmas shopping yet? I am chuffed to say that I am nearly done this year! So unlike me I know, it is usually a mad rush at the end......

So the last workshop of the year, the Christmas Party Class is nearly upon us (this Friday) and Kirsten and I have been really busy getting ready for it and will be over the next couple of days. I am really looking forward to seeing you all, we have lots of fun in store for you......

So today I thought that I would do a quick post and show you a couple of cards that I made for the last class using the Woodware Poinsettia Stamp and Fir Cone Stamp.....



This first card I stamped the Poinsettia Stamp on to white velum several times with Versafine Black Onyx Ink and then heat embossed with Wow Sparkle Embossing powder. I then brayered over them with Diamond White Sparkle Medium to add some sparkle. Once dry I layered them up to create four flowers and added some Rich Gold Starlights to the centres...

For the cones, I die cut a white circle of card and stamped and embossed the cone image onto the card. I then stamped and embossed it three times more on to brown card and brayered Diamond White Sparkle medium over the top of them as well and then cut them all out.
I painted the spruce on the cone stamp with Green Starlights and attached one of the cones on top of the stamped cone image on the die cut circle. I cut the top of one of the other cones away cutting along the wavy line and then repeated this on the other one lower down. I decoupaged the pieces on top of the cone and then added the cut off pieces to the side to make it look like a bunch of cones (see pic below), waste not want not I say! 


I then matted and layered it all up on to a 7" square card and added my flowers and a sentiment.
A simple but effective Christmas card......


I used the same stamps on the card below but this time on a bauble and cut away some poinsettias and layered them over the top of the cone. They were coloured with Red and Topaz Starlights.
To create the background I foiled some Gold Shine Sparkle Medium through a Diamond Stencil with some cut'n'dry foam......


Well that is all from me for now my lovelies and I will be back soon.
See many of you on Friday.....

Big hugs 

Lisa B xx




Clear Hologram Sparkle   Diamond SM   VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black



Gold Shine SM       Diamonds IMST   Cut-n-Dry Foam

Green SLRed SLRich Gold SLTopaz SL



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards, I love the dimension on the fir cone.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.