Friday 27 January 2017

Clematis Collage & Vellum

 
Hi there crafters, has it been cold enough for you this week?   brrrr  :o)
 
 
As we've been looking over the past months at our favourite techniques and products I thought I'd use Lisa's Clematis Collage and Vellum, after a couple of experiments I decided it looked best in black and white.
 
 
 
I started with a 7" x 7" card blank and matted it with some black then white card stock, I then cut a piece of Vellum the same size at the white matt.
 
Next was the stamping, which  I stamped the larger image of the set and two of each of the flower heads so I could decoupage them.  I used Versafine and Wow Clear Embossing Powder for this.
 
 
Next I added the Imagination Craft Script stamp down each side of the stamped image using Versafine and Wow as before.
 
 
 
I then decided to add a little bit of distress down the sides by using a Mini Distress Ink Black Soot to take away the starkness of the image, I only added a little to the Smoothie and worked it out onto a heat resistant mat before going onto the vellum to give it a smokey look .
 
 
The next thing was to build the card by matting and layering, cutting out the flower heads and shaping them using the very large Embossing Tool but also I cut slightly into the flower petal to make them stand up a bit more as the Vellum is quite a thick material.
 
 
Once the flower heads were stuck into place using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue, I then placed a Diamond Gem in the centre of each flower head to finish it off.
 
 
Thank you so much for dropping by the blog again today and I hope you enjoyed the post.
Hope to see you at the February class.
Love Jan -x-
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.