Friday 20 January 2017

Hobby Art Floral Bird House - New Home




Hello all, today's little card is using the Hobby Art Floral Bird House Stamp set and the MDF Bird houses.



I started with a blank white 7" x 7" card and matted it with some pale blue decorated paper from my stash.  I then cut a white mat and embossed it with a favourite folder of mine also from my stash.

 
I then stamped the Hobby Art Floral Bird House Stamp set onto some white super smooth card a few times, so that I could use the spare to decoupage.
 
 
I then cut the left hand image down to 7cms x 12cms and matted that on to some more blue paper.  I coloured in all the images using Water Colour Pencils and cut around the images I wanted to decoupage or use as elements.
 
 
I added a little extra matt with some darker blue paper from my stash so it would help make the stamped image and MDF stand out a little more.
 
I then took one of the smaller MDF Birdhouses and distressed the edges using a craft knife to take off the really harsh dark brown marks.  I then cut a silver mirri mat 6.5cms x 6.5cms and matted that with a 6 x 6cms white card and stuck the MDF house in the centre and used two of the little birds I had cut out, the left hand bird was stuck flat and the right hand bird stuck on with a foam pad.
 
Both the Stamped birdhouse and the MDF birdhouse toppers where mounted using 3D foam.
 
I cut a couple of banners for my sentiment and also to add a few more elements, I bent them up for dimension.
 
I added a couple more little embellishments I'd coloured and cut out to finish off the card.
 
Very quick but sweet little New Home card that could also be used as birthday or get well too.
 
 
 
Thanks for dropping by the blog again today and hope we've inspired you.  
See you next time. Love Jan -x- 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Very soft and spring-like Jan! Have not seen this set of stamps...love the colours you used xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.