Friday 6 January 2017

In The Garden



Happy New Year to you all, I hope it was a good one.  Ours was very quiet, my husband was poorly and in bed so I spent the evening watching Robbie Williams then the fireworks then a bit of Hootenanny, but good anyway.

I thought I'd carry on with the little wooden embellishments this month but this time using the Fence and Lanterns.


I started with my usual 7" x 7" white card blank and matted it with some Silver Pearlised Card then cut a smaller piece of White Pearlised Card that I would use as my topper.
 
I took the small fence and stippled it directly with Silver Starlights then once it was dry I randomly dabbed on some White Gold Starlights, then done the same to one of the lanterns.


 
For the image I used the Stampendous Field Of Daisy's but I think that the Field of Poppies would work just as well.  I masked off about a third of the stamp so that it would fit inside the fence which I was using as a planter.  I then stamped the image to one side of the card.



Then started to fill in the petals using a very small amount of Rusty Patina - Blanc mixed with an equal amount of Pearl Starlights, then dabbed the petals with the mix using a very fine detail paint brush.  I coloured in the centres just with a bright yellow colouring pencil and the bees using a small mixture of Rusty Patina and White Gold Starlights.  I then used a fine line black pen to go around the petals to make them stand out more.


 
Once it was all dry I masked the image, created a mound with a post it note then distressed with Mowed Lawn, then distressed the sky using Tumbled Glass ( I didn't notice the black marks until I took the photo, and rubbed them out later)

 

I then placed a backing to the planter with a little piece of white card so I could 3D it. Then stuck the lantern in place on the mound added a little sentiment and the card was done.

 
Very quick and easy again for you.
Thank you for dropping by the blog today, look forward to next Friday
Love Jan -x-

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.