Tuesday 14 February 2017

Badger Circles


Good Morning crafters, Julie here, I hope I find you well today?
An ideal time to craft at the moment now the weather has turned a little chillier....no point in trying to garden! Well, it's another alcohol inks card today, which I found great fun creating. This medium was new to me but I will definitely be creating more of these in the future. Especially some fairy cards I think......



Right, best get on with the write up....I started with a piece of Yupo paper and applied Honeycomb alcohol ink to the Yupo and spread this over using a lint on my applicator tool to give me a base colour.



The I started to drop alcohol inks on, firstly using Juniper, then Teakwood and then some Limeade, this was a little bright so I added some more Juniper to tone it down.



I then applied Blending Solution to my lint and started dabbing away until I achieved my desired effect. I think this is so satisfying watching what you've created change before you eyes.



I then cut a circle out of some super smooth to make a mask for a moon and put this where I wanted it on my background and used the lint with blending solution on to remove the ink and create my moon in the distance.



I left this to dry and selected my Lavinia stamps, these were Badger, Mini Snail, Mini Flutterby  and Ivy border for the base. I stamped these onto my background using Jet Black Archival ink and when dry cut the background down to be square. I found some green card from my stash to mount onto my card blank but decided this looked a little too flat.



I decided to die cut my background using circle dies. Whichever layer I stuck flat the  alternate layers were raised on double sided sticky pads. This added a more interesting dimension to my card I think.
I matted this onto the card base and added some white pen marks to my badger's head and some crystal Stickles to the butterfly to complete the card.



Flutterby (mini) LAVST     Juniper AI    Honeycomb AI     Teakwood AI    Alcohol Ink Yupo  Alcohol Blending Solution  Felt Applicator Pads 20pk    Ranger Archival


I hope you like my make today, see you next week for another card write up.

Bye for now and happy crafting,

Love, Julie x

1 comment:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.