Thursday 23 February 2017

Beautiful Lavinia Scene Scapes

Good morning all! How is February going for you? There has been lots going on the crafty world and Lisa has been busy at the NEC show looking for products for forthcoming classes...whoopee!! I think if I was there it would be like a child in a sweet shop...

This week it's a really quick Lavinia Stamps card from me, using one of the new Scene Scapes. I think it is important to remember that we don't always have to make really intricate cards for every occasion, and the Scene Scapes are perfect for these times!

If you like the effect of the Alcohol Inks we have been showcasing, but don't want to buy the actual inks and card to do it yourself, some of the newer scapes are perfect for you! You don't have to use them in their entirety and of course you can cut die cut them to your heart's content. I have even used them to cover a side of a pencil pot before and if I do say so myself, it looked very good!

My first step was to add a bit of interest to the side of my card. I quite like making a scene that you can look at and spy lots of different layers, so I chose a simple text stamp from the Artistic Stamper Encyclopaedia Britannica Set (46% OFF at the moment!!). I stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink a few times, repeating the text


My next step was to stamp the Zen Tree off to one side, on top of the text and the moon. I also wanted to create some depth of field, so used some torn paper and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to add a hill in the background and a tiny one at the front.


I coloured the bubbles on the tree with different marker tones to make them stand out a little more and add interest.


Next, I decided I wanted the Woodland Hares to be my main focal image for a change, so I stamped these with Tuxedo Black Memento as before. To add some more depth to the topper I chose various foliage stamps from the Lavinia range and stamped all around the front at different heights. Wanting to bring some sparkle in, (had to be done!) I chose some Stickles and added them to my tree bubbles and some of the foliage.


Picking out some tones from the image, I matted and layered onto a card blank and added a sentiment from a Hobby Art set.


There we have it! Not a tricky one, but I like it and I think I could even be used for a man's card: what do you think?

Love
Martina
xxx

P.S. Lisa B. Designs still have a few Lavinia Stamps at 33% off! Grab a bargain while it lasts!!!

Zen Tree LAVSTField Grass LAVSTDandelions 2 LAVSTWoodland Hares LAVSTStickles AquaStickles Grape CrushStickles Christmas RedStickles PeacockGathered Twigs - Mini Encyclopaedia BotanicaMemento Ink Pad Tuxedo Black Bliss LAVSC

1 comment:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.