Wednesday 1 February 2017

February Newsletter



Hello, happy February 1st, welcome to the first newsletter of 2017. I hope you had a great January, mine turned out to be extremely busy. I did the Imagination Crafts One Day Special on Hochanda with Kerri-Ann in early January, then did three shows on my own two weeks later. I was very nervous, but the Hochanda presenters were great and lots of products sold out, which helped reduce the nerves. Since then there have been more samples to make for next week's ODS - Sue and Kerri-Ann are doing that one - as well as my niece's wedding invitations. And of course, I'm preparing for my classes in Maidstone, this coming Friday, February 3 - the first of 2017!!! It's incredible to think it's been 9 weeks since the Christmas party classes, I've missed everyone. 


After the classes, it will be time to finalise the preparations for the Imagination Crafts' stand at the CHSI Stitches trade show in Birmingham in mid-February, (massive, exciting things happening for Imagination this year, there'll be announcement very soon) and that will be followed by more Hochanda shows - busy, busy!!


The theme for the February classes is two cards, made with Lavinia Stamps and alcohol inks. Here are some of the samples I've been making.............


             


     


I have a selection of the beautiful new mermaid & woodland animal stamps for sale, you can see everything in the What's New section of the website...........


           


It might be a while since you've used alcohol inks, so I think you're going to love the gorgeous new colours...............      


                      


I will also have the new, March issue of Craft Stamper magazine at the classes. If you missed the February issue, I still have a few copies of that available. 





If you're coming to the classes on Friday and you have any of the following, it would be very helpful if you would bring them with you...........

Archival inks (black and any other colours)

Fine liner pen (black, permanent ink)

Alcohol inks ( I have a selection of colours, but you might prefer to use your own)

YUPO paper (I have some, but feel free to bring your own if you want to have extra)

A fine detail paintbrush

Alcohol Blending Solution

Your own stamps, if you prefer to use something other than Lavinia stamps

Gloves and apron 


There are just a couple of places left in both the afternoon and the evening class, so if you would like to join us, please contact me - lisabaker1@btinternet.com /01622 675078 - by lunchtime tomorrow, Thursday February 2

If you would to order anything from the website and pay for it at the classes, please also contact me before lunchtime on Thursday

That's all for now, I'll be back next week with some of my class projects. 

Lisa B x

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.