Thursday 16 March 2017

A Peek Through the Trees with Hobby Art




Hello crafty folks! Martina here and guess what? The SUN, yes, THE SUN, has actually made an appearance!!Beautiful flowers are popping up to say hello and smile as you walk past, the cats are out sunbathing and the garden duties are calling (loudly in my case)!

A Spring themed card for you today, with a look through the trees into a beautiful scene. I had great fun making this one and even a debate with my hubby...read on to find out who won!

The first step was to take the bare trees from the Hobby Art Nature Trail Set and stamp onto some craft card with a dark brown ink (I had already cut the craft card to fit the card blank and allow for matting and layering). Ignore the bits where the branches are randomly cut-off, I sorted that later with a fineliner pen!


Choosing a die from my stash, (not a detailed one, or the main focus of the card would be lost) I planned where to place it.


Obviously I could not just die-cut the shape as it is above, or I would have lost some major tree branches! I drew (with a pencil) around the die shape and then looked at where I needed to make some incisions. I needed to allow the die to sit behind the branches that were within its middle: hard to explain, so see if the photo below explains it better...


Once the die was run through the machine I was left with this...


My next step was to watercolour the trees and add some shading. I also added a sentiment from the Hobby Art Birthday Collection.


Now to colour the scene to go behind the trees. I stamped the entire hare scene from the Hobby Art March Hares Set onto Watercolour Card, adding a little fineliner to extend where I needed to (to fill the die space). I coloured the scene with Watercolour Pencils (47% off on the website!)


To make the trees stand proud from the background, I mounted them using thick foam pads. Some matting and layering and here was my card...or was it? My husband liked it just like that, but I was not happy. The card sat on the shelf for two days and then I just had to add some more to it!


I took some ivy dies and used co-ordinations card to cut them, sanding some leaves to get some variation and some green pen to define the veins. I also found some grasses dies and used some of the new Craft Emotions Edge Mushrooms! These are soooo cute! I chopped the row of mushrooms up, chose a few that I wanted and coloured with the same pencils as before. Much better methinks!


I won in the end! I think my husband liked it in then end when I had finished tinkering...

Thank you for reading and I look forward to seeing you next week!
Love
Martina
xxx

March HaresBirthday Collection HANature TrailWatercolour CardRoyal & Langnickel Watercolour PencilsEdge Mushrooms CED



3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Martina, I love it so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Martina. This is so Amazing. Love it. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so clever!! This is a beautiful card & adding the ivy was a good idea, it just added that finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.