Friday 24 March 2017

Hobby Art Framed Poppy




Hi there crafters, I hope you're all well and looking forward to Spring even though it's been quite cold this week.

Today's little card is made up of Hobby Art Stamps and Imagination Crafts Starlights.

So first of all I took a 7" x 7" white blank card and then cut a square of White Super Smooth card to about 6" x 6".  Then took the Hobby Art In The Cornfield Stamp set and stamped the largest poppy in the centre of the card using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and the Stampeazee

I then stamped the image again onto some Mask-it and covered the poppy head and stamped another large poppy to the right.  I then stamped the poppy seed head on the second poppy and the small poppy to the left of the first poppy.  Once that was I done I stamped the little poppy head onto a post-it note and cut it out to use as a mask.  I covered the small poppy head and stamped the large poppy again but on the right.................phew, too many poppies sounds like I'd stamped a field of them.


I coloured them all in with a wash of Red Starlights and water to bring out more sparkle for the head and Menthol for the stems.  Left that to dry for a while then run them through with a die cut frame from my stash to create the frame.  I purposely made sure the frame covered the flowers.

I raised the frame with 3D foam pads before putting it place on the blank card then flat matted the main image inside the frame.


And there you have it, a simple and easy little card.

I hope you enjoyed it today and see you again very soon
Love, Jan -x-



 


***On the website, some Hobby Art stamp sets have been reduced in price by 25% - 40%.***




3 comments:

  1. Love this card. What a fabulous design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lisa. So beautifully executed too. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.