Monday 13 March 2017

Hobby Art Funky Bird & Funky Flowers with Distress Inks


Good morning, happy Monday, Kirsten here with another of my Hobby blog posts. Today's projects are cards made with the Funky Bird & Funky Flowers stamps & Distress ink backgrounds................




I made the first background with Salty Ocean & Picked Raspberry DIs & Salty Ocean applied the Craft Emotions stencil, Pine Sprigs..................




I stamped the Funky Bird, Bird on Branch & the daisies from the Nature Reserve set on to the card with Jet Black Archival inks. Then I applied Bronze Starlights through the splatter on the MU43 Imagination Crafts' Art Stencil..................




I stamped the birds & daisies onto white card with Onyx Black Versafine, heat set them with Clear Gloss embossing powder, coloured them with Distress inks & a waterbrush, then cut them out...........







I wanted some white detail on the background so I applied Imagination's Structure Paste through some of the smaller squares of the Creative Expressions stencil Doodle Squares. I also painted the berries with Canary Yellow Starlights & added Glossy Accents on top when the paint was dry.................




The finished card....................




The second card is similar................

Weathered Wood & Gathered Twigs Distress ink on the background, splattered with water. Then I added the IC Structure Paste through the Craft Emotions Pine Sprigs stencil. You can see that the paste on the card above is whiter. This is because I applied the paste on the second card when the Distress ink was still wet, so it tinted the paste..............




I stamped the Funky Flowers twice, onto the background, then onto white card. I coloured the flowers on the white card, cut them out & glued them to the background. I wanted a small sentiment so the 'With Love from the Designs by Georgina Peony stamp set was perfect...........





Funky Bird - NEW!!    Funky Flowers - NEW!!   Peony   Bronze SL - NEW!! Canary Yellow SL - NEW!! MU43 IMST

Gathered Twigs - MiniPicked Raspberry - MiniSalty Ocean - MiniWeathered Wood - Mini
 

  SM Spatula JT3    Doodle Squares    Ranger Archival  Structure Paste IC

VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black    Clear Gloss Regular WEP   


***On the website, some Hobby Art stamp sets have been reduced in price by 25% - 40%.***

Thanks for stopping by the Lisa B Designs blog today, I'll be back next week.

Kirsten


1 comment:

  1. Loving the purples and the use of texture paste, fab, fab, FAB! xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.