Tuesday 7 March 2017

Hobby Art Sweet Peas & Starlights


Good morning crafters, Julie here. The theme for March is gorgeous Hobby Art stamps, so here is my first project of the month. I had a play with the Sweet Peas stamp set.....




I used watercolour card for my base and stamped all the elements with Onyx Black Versafine and heat set with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder.

Then I chose the colours of Starlights I wanted to use; Mint, White Gold, Menthol, Antique Pink, Passion Flower, Lilac Mist,  Pearl and Apple Green. I dispensed one colour at a time onto my tile and mixed with water to allow me to paint the sweet peas in with a detailed paint brush. The background looked too white, so I broke this up with random patches of Starlights to soften the result.




Once dry I used an inverse corner punch on 2 diagonally opposite corners and mounted onto some lilac card stock from my stash ( which I also used the punch on to add some interest). This was then mounted onto my card and finished with 2 lilac pearls in the cutout corners. No glitter to finish this time, as there was enough shimmer in the project from the Starlights.




This is a quick make, but by using a different sentiment from the stamp set the card could be for an anniversary, get well, just a note or a Mother's Day card.

Well, that's me done for today, I hope you have a good week. See you next Tuesday.

      Sweet Peas HA       Apple Green SL     Antique Pink SL Lilac Mist SL     Mint SLPearl SL   

VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black     Clear Gloss Regular WEP    

Love, Julie x

2 comments:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.