Tuesday 28 March 2017

Sweet Peas and Starlights

Good morning crafters, Julie here, I hope you're well.
This is my last card using the Hobby Art Sweet Peas stamp set this month.



I used a piece of watercolour card and stamped my greeting first in Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat set with Wow clear embossing powder.  Next I stamped my sweet peas in Versamark and covered with WOW! Opaque Bright White embossing powder and heat set. (I left the lefthand side towards the centre making a triangle clear of sweet peas).




Next I chose my Starlight paint colours Antique Pink and Mint, both of which I mixed with Pearl to lighten and added water to make a light wash.



I set about masking up my sentiment and diagonal strips over the watercolour card and applied the Antique Pink and Pearl mix wash to the white areas of the card I had left, then set aside to dry.



Once dry I removed my tape and repositioned it back over the sentiment and the areas I'd washed with colour, ready to paint this area now. This time I applied Mint and Pearl Starlight wash mix and set the card aside to dry. Next I cut off a triangle of Imagination Lace Art-Cutz and painted this with Black Starlight.



I then mounted my background onto some black card then onto some card to correspond with the mint wash. Then I chose some black velvet ribbon and stuck this along the left had side and attached the painted Lace Art-Cutz triangle and a gem from my stash. To finish I highlighted the sentiment with a black fine liner faux stitching and this completed the card.



Well, I hope you like this different take on the Sweet Peas stamp, using it as a background rather than a main feature.

Sweet Peas HA     Antique Pink SLMint SLPearl SLBlack SLArt-Cutz Lace   


***On the website, some Hobby Art stamp sets have been reduced in price by 25% - 40%.***

**Lisa is doing a PaperArtsy workshop on  May 27. For more information click HERE.**

See you next week, bye for now.

Love, Julie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.