Good morning all! Martina here with another make featuring the Take Time and Time to Celebrate Stamps designed by Lisa B. for Imagination Crafts. This week I decided to go for a 'vintage pretty' look for my card, using a couple of techniques I haven't played with in a while. Now any of you who know me from the classes will know I have 'issues' with not going overboard on my makes...I warn you now, this is not card for the minimalist amongst you!
I wanted to create a layered effect with my card, so the first step was to make the back panel, only a small amount of which would be visible at the end. Using Spun Sugar Distress Ink, I covered the middle of my card to take the harshness away and start to add the feminine tone. I then used the Imagination Craft's Baroque Stencil and some Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to add some interest on top (remember only a small section of this layer will be seen!)
Now close your eyes if you are a librarian...
using an old copy of a book, I tore out a couple of pages and then ripped them both (I think it was Wuthering Heights if you're interested, and yes, I do have another copy!) I inked the pages with some more Gathered Twigs Distress Ink, making the ripped edges slightly darker. I then stuck the pages to my base card, letting the stencilled pattern show through and trimming the edges.
The next layer was created using Topaz Starlight Paint and the clock face from the Imagination Craft's Time Stencil. I also added some of the little embellishment stamps from the Take Time and Time to Celebrate Time Stamp Sets all over the topper.
I decided I wanted to add some real dimension to my main feature, so going back to step one, I inked another piece of card in the same way, big enough for me to stencil another of the clock faces onto. I only needed the centre section.
At this point I have a small apology - I must have forgotten to take anymore photos until the end! I am sure you can imagine, but I will explain as best as I can...
Once I had cut my clock face out, I used some vintage lace (with super sticky tape) and pleated it all around the underside of the clock. I also inked around the whole topper with some more Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to bring the eye in and added some flowers from my stash. The words are all from the same stamp sets, stamped onto some plain card, inked with the same colours and cut at jaunty angles. I placed the words around the clock face, as if they were the hours on a clock (there was a plan somewhere!!)
That's it from me this week, now I'm off back to the craft room (with tea and biscuits!)