Wednesday 21 June 2017

Infusions Flower Heads

Hello everyone, Julie here, I hope I find you well in this heatwave we are having.
Today's card came about from me having a play with PaperArtsy Infusions, I made a piece of card with each colour I had, playing with the product as I knew they would come in handy. When I looked at the Paperartsy stencil PS058 I thought that would be something different.




The 2 infusion colours I used for this card were Blackcurrant and Violetta. I used the tap onto card and then spritz with water method, as I found this to be my personal preference, drying off with the heat tool.



I then took the Paperartsy stencil and drew round the large flower head shape in pencil and cut out with scissors. Making 2 Violetta heads and 1 Blackcurrant. Next I took some super smooth the exact size of a 7x7 card blank and used Green Starlights paint to stencil in the stem, leaves and flower outline. I repeated this 3 times to get the positioning of the flowers for my card.





I left the Starlights to dry and then went over the white background with Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink on a foam pad applicator. I then laid the Paperartsy stencil PS034 over the top and went over the blue with a baby wipe to remove some of the ink which broke up the background.




Next I went over the Infusion flower heads I created with Pearl Starlights through the stencil to add the small flowers to the flower heads and whilst this was drying, I attached my background to my card blank and found some coordinating ribbon from my stash and tied some bows.

I had some Pearl Starlights left over on my tile so I watered it down and flicked it onto the blue background with a paint brush, (waste not, want not!), which added more interest and a little shimmer.

I shaped the flower heads and attached them with double sided foam pads. I used cosmic shimmer to attach my bows and finished off with a little Stickles in the middle of each flower to add even more sparkle!



I hope you like my idea of a different way to use a bold outline stencil.

Lisa is taking bookings for the next two workshops at Grove Green. You can find the information about them HERE and there are still places on the July classes, information HERE.

Bye for now, see you next week.

Love, Julie x

Infusions - Blackcurrant      Infusions - Violetta NEW for 2017     PA Stencil PS058 (EKC)     PA Stencil PS034 (EKD)     Mermaid Lagoon - Mini    

Green SL   Pearl SL

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.