Thursday 3 August 2017

A Quick Make: Crafter's Companion Foil Transfers with Rice Paper


Good morning all! Martina here with a quick make for those last minute cards. This is my last post for our current theme, (featuring Imagination Craft's Rice Papers and Crafter's Companion Foils) and the more I have played with the elements the more ideas I have had! I admit when I first came across the foils and transfers it took me back to the days of old and I was a little dubious. The way that they have been made though, makes them very versatile and able to be a subtle addition, or indeed the major part of a card: I'm a convert!

I decided to play with the effects of the foils on different cardstock, so for this make I chose kraft card for my base. I cut a topper panel to the correct size and then cut a sheet from the Delicate Details Transfers Pack in half.


Covering one half of the topper, I used the included lolly stick to rub all over the transfer. I then removed the top carrier sheet and took a length of Rose Gold Foil, placed it over the panel and rubbed all over.


To cover the bottom half of the topper, I used a small section of the Imagination Craft's Rice Paper Design 435 and applied with Magi-bond Decoupage Glue. To cover the join, I found some ribbon from my stash. I struggle to make a perfect bow on my cards so I used an old trick - I tied a narrow ribbon at the place I wanted the bow to be, then tied a 'perfect' bow on a bow-maker.


I stuck the bow onto the join with hot glue and then chose some pins from my stack to add a little bling. The finishing touch was to bring it all together and add a sentiment using the foils and transfers as before. 


There we have it: quick, easy and ready to go!

For those of you attending Lisa's class, I will see you tomorrow!
Happy crafting all,
love
Martina
xxx

Lisa's next workshop at Grove Green will be on Sunday, August 20. Places are still available and all the information is HERE.

Delicate Details - Foil TransfersRose Gold - Foil RollMagibond Decoupage GlueRice Paper Pattern 435

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.