Monday 9 October 2017

Birdy Tower

Good morning, Kirsten here with another post to show you some of my recent Lisa B Designs samples, I hope you had a nice weekend.

I've got four cards today, all using the Woodware Clear Magic Birdy Tower stamp and all very quick and easy.............




These two were stamped onto watercolour card with Onyx Black Versafine and heat set with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder.

I then coloured them with various Distress inks, used as watercolours. I am a very poor watercolourist, but I think I'm improving slightly, I managed to get just a few nicely blended areas!




Time for some paper piecing, using the Teresa Collins' 8x8 patterned paper pad. I don't use patterned papers these days, but these papers are great for smaller images, because the patterns are also small and they look great with kraft card.




This was the one time I wished I had a bag of googly eyes, because I had to stamp the birds onto white card, then cut out the eyes and beaks. Very fiddly, but worth it when I'd stuck them to the patterned paper and added Glossy Accents to the eyes.............




Finally, I could not use this stamp without making a Christmas card. I've just realised this is the original photo. I didn't have a Christmas sentiment small enough to fit the top right hand corner, so after I put the card together I borrowed one of Lisa's. I'll try to update this photo at some point.

As before, I used Distress inks and added a bit of stamping to the background with the snowflake.




The next Grove Green workshop is on Sunday, October 15 and it's all about Imagination Crafts' fabulous Rusty Patina. Click for info and booking details.

Birdy Tower - NEW!!!   Creative Expressions   Kraft Card    Black Card   Mini Glossy Accents     

VersaFine Onyx Black     Clear Gloss Regular WEP   

Thanks for visiting the blog today, see you next time.

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.